Citizenship & Naturalization

Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) are fulfilled. You may qualify if: you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years, you have been a permanent resident for 3 or more years as a spouse of a U.S. citizen, or you have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces. A child may qualify for naturalization if the parent is a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., and the child is currently residing outside the United States.

Deferred Action

On June 15, 2012, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano made an announcement that certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children do not present a risk to national security or public safety. If certain criteria are met, these young people will be considered for relief from deportation and removal proceedings.

Deportation Defense

Removal proceedings (deportation) can be initiated due to various reasons. At Alisheva Law our goal is to keep you in the United States and there are many forms of relief that are available for the defense of deportation. For example, if convicted of specific crimes involving moral turpitude, you may be eligible for a waiver under section 212(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Certain permanent residents who have a criminal conviction may still be eligible for cancellation of removal. If you have been physically present in the United States for more than ten years and you have a spouse, parent, or child who is a lawful permanent resident or a U.S. citizen you may be eligible to apply for cancellation of removal if it is established that your removal will result in exceptional or extremely unusual hardship to any qualifying, immediate relatives.

Family Immigration

At Alisheva Law, we can assist with Form I-130, Visa Petition for Immediate Relative, Form I-485, Application for Lawful Permanent Residence, and the many other family-based visas available, such as Form I-129, Fiancee Visa. We know the questions you can expect in marriage adjustment proceedings and we can assist with a conditional lawful permanent residency application if you have been married for less than two years. Our office will also help you prepare for the interview process and, upon request, representation can be made available for your interview.


A person can apply for asylum based on an actual experience of persecution in his or her home country or fear of persecution based on race, religion, sexuality, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.

Employment & Student Immigration

Alisheva Law can assist in the application process for an employment visa. About 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants each year in the United States. These visas are divided into five categories: priority workers, professionals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities, skilled and unskilled workers, special immigrants, and immigrant investors. Additionally, there are employment non-immigrant visas, otherwise known as Temporary Worker visas.